I have been...
...experiencing the urge to nest and get things ready for the new baby.
...getting away (Last weekend, Josiah's Grammie and Grampie kept him so Chris and I could escape for a night. It was so nice to relax and not be on a fixed schedule!).
...enjoying Josiah's stories, and just listening to him talk. He is so full of life, and very animated! He tells us lots of details about his experiences, which I am happy about. (When he was with his grandparents, he went to their church. This is how he described it: "I went to Grammie and Grampie's church. There were balloons! It was a birthday party...my birthday party? (It was actually a baptism service!). There were muffins and Grammie gave me one, but she did not have one. Then Grammie talked to all of the people and gave hugs. I played with the toys and the people..."
...working on potty training, still! We took a little break, but Josiah initiated it again this week. He is doing really well, but I think this will be a long journey (at least until the weather gets warmer or we start staying home more).
...learning more about myself and relationships, the good and the bad.
...listening to lots of Beth Moore sermons online.
...reading a novel, "Secret Daughter." It is an easy read, which I need right now for those late nights when I am at the end. Although the topics are quite difficult!
...feeling happy about something that I'm not allowed to share!
...tired. My heart symptoms have intensified a bit in the last couple of weeks, which have left me feeling especially drained.
...dealing with colds at our house...all of us at the same time. Thankfully we are at the end!
...feeling hopeful.
...playing with Thomas trains, a lot!
...going to appointments, although they have slowed down a bit. The last one was this past Tuesday, and everything with the baby still looks great. I love hearing that little heartbeat! They feel it would be best to do another C-section, so I am trying to prepare myself for that. It was so horrible last time, but at least this time I'll know what to expect and what I can request to make things a little easier. So far, I am not feeling the devastating disappointment that I did last time of not being able to give birth naturally. After everything we have been through, I am thankful for the possibility of giving birth to two beautiful and healthy babies, regardless of how they have to come out.
...looking forward to plans with friends. I love it when I make myself get out of the house even when I don't feel like it. When I am pregnant, I don't tend to do this enough.
...wanting to decorate something, but knowing that I should save the money for the months to come!
...trying to remember what our yard looks like without snow!
1 comment:
Jenn, I can't believe how much Josiah loves every word that comes out of anyone's mouth - and loves to respond in great detail. He will possibly be a preacher - hopefully not a politician! His three favourite words here? "Grammie play Thomas?"
Post a Comment