I've been thinking a lot about our second baby lately, as I have sixteen weeks left to go before he/she arrives (at the most). Although I am really looking forward to meeting this little one, and to not being pregnant anymore, I have been wondering how our family will change.
It made me sad today when I realized that most of the special things Josiah and I do together will come to an end. Not that I can't plan special outings for just the two of us, but I know that it will look much different than the time we have now.
I am wondering how he will handle the change. In many ways, I know it will be good for him, but I am concerned about how the transition will affect him.
Although I always hated (and still do) hearing people say, "Enjoy your sleep now while you still can," it has occurred to me that we are in for some drastic schedule changes. Being in my thirties, I don't do nearly as well now as I used to without sleep. Even if the baby is a good sleeper, there are usually a few weeks of several night feedings (or like in Josiah's case where he had nights and days mixed up, so he was awake all night long as a newborn).
When I think about trying to take a toddler and a newborn to the grocery store, or a doctor's office, I cringe! I don't know how people do it! I'm sure I'll figure it out when we get there.
I try not to worry or think about the details too much, and am so thankful for this new life. Just working through some worries (and hormones!).
2 comments:
Hey Jenn, hopefully Chris will get some time off to help you and bond with the new little one. I've heard the first time out with two is the hardest then you get used to it. I'm still really excited for you guys!
Thanks, Rachel! We are very excited too- and Chris is definitely booking some time off. I'll keep that in mind for the first outing...maybe it'll only get better!
Post a Comment