In the past two weeks, I have...
...loved the warmer weather!
...been pleased to hear Josiah ask to use a public toilet (this has been a major roadblock to potty training).
...felt the need to have some fun (haven't made this happen yet).
...enjoyed a visit with my cousin.
...missed church and connecting.
...been doing Thomas the Train puzzles everyday (thanks, Debie!).
...had lots of pain. I had a condition in my last pregnancy that caused me a lot of pelvic pain. It has returned (earlier than last time) and with a vengeance. I think this is the most painful thing I have ever had to go through. It is made worse by moving, so you can imagine how many times a day I have to move. When I am not moving, it is just a dull and achy pain all the time.
...had a meeting with an anethesiologist at the hospital to finalize some of the details in my birth plan. This included an allergy test to see if I would react to any of the drugs they might use (as there was a suspected allergy before), but the tests came back negative. This means I will be able to get a normal epidural for my C-section. The one I had last time left me frozen for almost 24 hours!
...felt blessed to be helped by someone who gave her time even though she is struggling and in pain.
...felt sad for some people around me who are facing loss.
...been trying to organize and sort toys.
...been longing for a new wardrobe, although not planning to do any shopping in the near future!
...shopped for a take-home outfit for the new baby with no luck yet.
...wondered about some of the changes coming in the next few months.
...questioned some of the parenting and discipline philosophies I have encountered recently. Sometimes things seem great on paper, but they don't always always work. I feel frustrated when I try 'the right way' and it doesn't work on my child.
...enjoyed hearing Josiah sing lots of different songs and recite favorite stories.
...made pumpkin muffins.
...done a lot of laundry and can't seem to make a dent in the housework, and am still trying to be okay with this ongoing mess. My brain throws open the windows and cleans this place spotless every day. Too bad nobody else can see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment