For some reason, Josiah has not been going to sleep easily lately. It doesn't seem to matter how tired he is or what we have done that day, he just drags out bed time. I think that Chris and I are both starting to go a little crazy. At the end of a long day, it is nice to feel done. But sometimes it takes us an hour or two after the bedtime routine to settle Josiah in. It is hard not to feel cranky after all of this too.
Today for nap time was not exception. We did our usual routine, and Josiah was obviously exhausted, yet resisting sleep (As I was typing this, he peeked his head into my room. It's the first time he has ever gotten out of bed and come out in the middle of a sleep time!). Once, when I went into his room, he said, "It's time to wake up now!" I informed him that it wasn't time to get up since he hadn't slept at all, and he replied, "Oh...thanks for telling me mommy."
It's looking like nap time might be over without sleep today!
2 comments:
Has the nap time gotten any better this week?
It's getting better, thankfully! Although it is a bit shorter than it used to be (more like 1.5-2 hours rather than 2-2.5). I think he might have been cutting another tooth or having a growth spurt or something. Thanks for asking, Rachel!
Post a Comment