Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Someday

I have recently been challenged again by II Corinthians 5:6-10. I find it difficult to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord regardless of my circumstances. I have found it easy to be discouraged about many things over the years. Some I have chosen, and some have been chosen for me by others...but it really doesn't matter. What matters is that my heart stays focused on the things that are to come, and that I remember how my life will be evaluated when it is done.

Recently, I have finished reading a book by Sheila Walsh (Beautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts God). She addresses this very thing, and I love how she puts it:

"For some of us who have trusted Christ as Savior, but lived for ourselves, our life's work will burn up at our feet, and there will be nothing left. We will enter heaven but have nothing to place into the nail-pierced hands of Christ. For others...the fire will reveal gold and silver and precious stones. They will be placed into a crown and those who are given that crown will have the unspeakable joy of laying it at the feet of Jesus..." (p. 227)

I can't imagine having much to offer Jesus, but I love the thought of this picture more than anything on this earth. I am hoping and praying that I can remember this through my current struggles, and the many more that may come my way before my time is up! I'm not sure why I am writing about this, but just felt that a reader somewhere needed to be encouraged by this as much as I have lately.

No comments:

Just a Peek