Our prayer at lunch time today:
"Dear God, thanks for music and for this food. Please bless daddy at work...and if Josiah did swallow the sticker that was on his hand, please let his tummy feel okay..."
Funny how prayer (along with so many other things) changes with children. It's a good thing that God cares about the little things too!
Speaking of prayer, we would love to have some! I found out this week that my job is coming to an end and I need a new one. Hopefully it will last until the end of August, although sometimes I am not so certain. My boss is cutting way back, partly due to the economy and how it has affected her business. She is also nearing retirement and is cutting her own hours (along with others) drastically to work towards this goal. This end came as a bit of a surprise to us! I thought I'd be there at least another year. Even though it was unexpected, I try to remember that God did expect it. He also knows what we need and what will happen next.
All week, when I have felt anxious, I sing a little song to Josiah and it helps me feel better. These are the words:
"The Lord has given His life for us.
No need to fuss...He knows what He's doing.
He knows that He will take care of us, if we will follow Him.
God's way is the best way, now that I know He loves me so.
His way is the best way, and that's the way for me."
Who would have thought that a kid's song could be so comforting!
Search This Blog
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(71)
-
▼
June
(7)
- Someday
- Lately, I've been......setting up for summer by ge...
- Many of you have heard me talk about how difficult...
- Not to brag (okay, maybe a little bit), but I thin...
- I thought I'd give you a photo/news update since t...
- I found a website that I thought was very interest...
- Our prayer at lunch time today:"Dear God, thanks f...
-
▼
June
(7)
3 comments:
Oh Jenn, that does seem like a big surprise! I'm sorry this phase of your journey is ending and we will certainly be praying that God provides in another way for your family.
Hope Josiah didn't swallow that sticker... :)
Thanks for the prayer Mandi!
Oh, and the sticker went down alright...but all is well!
I really love that song, too. Glad it is bringing you comfort. :o)
Post a Comment