Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

My baby boy turned four months old yesterday. Here are a few things he's been up to lately...

Eating cereal, although he's not quite sure what to think yet!:


Enjoying bath, but getting too big for the baby tub:


Often sleeping through the night (he often only eats once in a twelve or thirteen hour stretch!):


Hanging out with his brother (and 'the dog'):



Sitting in the Bumbo:


Smiling and being cute (and wearing 6-12 month clothes!):


Playing in the exersaucer:


Sucking the thumb of one hand, while covering his eyes with the other to get himself to sleep (this picture is just thumb sucking- I haven't caught the other on camera yet):


Still disliking the car seat, and leaving the house in general:


And 'tummy-time' is not a favourite activity yet:


But he still loves to be held close, hugged, kissed, and tickled:


When I took him to the hospital this week, Elwin weighed 18 pounds and 7 ounces. He is growing very strong, and can hold himself up on his legs now.

He has been drooling like crazy, and I am expecting to see a tooth pop through any day. This extra drool has given him the chance to spit and blow bubbles, which he loves.

Elwin enjoys music and tries to sing. He is usually quite soft-spoken, but once he gets going, it's hard to stop him! I love hearing his baby whispers (really, he does whisper), and I think he loves it when I lean in close to hear all of the important things he has to say.

From day one, he has been a little snuggle-bug. He is now leaning into my face with his mouth wide open when I kiss him, and it looks like he is trying to reciprocate, but isn't quite sure what to do yet!

I LOVE this babe, and his cute dimples!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Every one of these pics is triple sweet! Thanks for these yummy posts, Jenn.

E said...

I love them Jen, thank you for sharing! And thank you for letting me borrow your boys tonight, I had so much fun! Josiah telling me how much he missed me when I tucked him in will never leave my memory. And a for Elwin, I'll vouch for it, he really does whisper. :) And that smile every time I cooed with him or sang, so priceless. Thank you. :) And by the way, you're a little stinker! ;) DQ card indeed. lol

Mandi said...

Sweet Elwin, the boy who has made me tear up on more than one occasion because of his sweetness!

Rachel said...

Elwin really looks like Josiah in the second picture! (bath time)

Blog Archive

Just a Peek