Elwin is sick. He's been fussing a lot the past couple of days, but yesterday was terrible. He either slept (and not much) or cried, which is very unlike him.
So this morning, when he woke up bawling instead of smiling, I took him to the hospital. We were in a hurry, and he was obviously feeling rotten so I didn't change him. When we got there, the nurse pulled his slipper off because she needed a toe to measure his pulse, and this is what she found:
She didn't even need to take his sleeper off! I was completely embarrassed, because I actually knew about the hole, but I've been finding it difficult to make the time to change Elwin's dresser over, so he has very little to wear right now in his size.
Needless to say, his bigger (non-holey) clothes are now sorted and ready to be washed!
And Elwin has his first ear infection! No wonder he hasn't been himself. Hopefully we can get him to swallow enough of the medication so he'll start to feel better soon. He has this little trick where he actually stores the meds in his cheek, and keeps it there for quite a while, then spits it out when he thinks you are done!
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(74)
-
▼
October
(13)
- My baby boy turned four months old yesterday. Here...
- Elwin is sick. He's been fussing a lot the past co...
- A few weeks ago, we went to visit Chris' grandmot...
- Last weekend we drove to meet my new nephew Oliver...
- For Thanksgiving it was just our family this year,...
- I have been taking so many pictures lately and pos...
- Parenting
- Josiah: "Does God have a belly button? I need to k...
- From the Back Seat
- Josiah has been giving out words of comfort lately...
- Guess what my three-year-old is doing? Swimming!...
- In the car today, Josiah told me that there is goi...
- Today, I am thankful for... ...boys sleeping at t...
-
▼
October
(13)
3 comments:
Poor little boy! We'll pray for him!
Poor baby Elwin, I'm so sorry he's feeling rotten. I hope the meds start working quickly and he can be back to his quiet, smiley self soon.
I love how pleased with himself Chris was though when he found a way to make Elwin swallow. LOL Very proud dad indeed. :)
Post a Comment