Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sometimes I can't believe how much busier I am with two kids! One day blends into another, and I have a hard time keeping track of things or blogging regularly.

Lots of people have asked how I am adjusting, and how Elwin is doing, so I thought I'd share some details.

Elwin is a really good sleeper. He sleeps through almost any type of noise! He usually goes to bed around 7:30 and gets up around 2:00 a.m. to eat, and then sleeps until around 6:00. He naps several times during the day, and usually for a fairly long time in the afternoons. Although his sleep is not always predictable during the day, he is starting to repeat similar patterns.

Elwin usually eats every three or four hours, and he's growing fast! He is wearing mostly size 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers. His feet are finally big enough to hold some cute little shoes! I wish I could tell you how much he weighs, but we haven't been to the doctor's office for a while.

Overall, he is a delightful baby! He has a sweet little smile, and usually only complains when he needs something. He is starting to enjoy toys, and is beginning to reach his hands out to grab for things. He also seems to love being outdoors, and a long walk in the stroller is sure to put him to sleep. Elwin continues to be very cuddly, and is starting to want to hold hands and reach out for faces.

Josiah continues to be an amazing big brother. He always asks to hold Elwin or feed him, and he helps me bath him too. We had a problem the other day when Josiah tried to pick Elwin up without asking, which resulted in a tumble and some cries for Elwin! But he is learning quickly. I think he is anxious for Elwin to be big enough to play with him, but right now Josiah is thrilled with how willing Elwin is to share his toys!

Here are a few recent pictures:





2 comments:

E said...

Does he ever look like his Daddy in the top picture!

Poor Josiah, how did he take it when Elwin fell? I'm glad the little guy is okay. :) I did that once with my baby brother when I was 4 and he survived. ;)

Rachel said...

You've got two cute little boys there!

Just a Peek