Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Lately, I have been...

...enjoying these sunny days! Since I missed most of summer this year, I am so thankful for the warmth now.

...looking forward to all of our fall activities starting up again.

...finding myself at home s lot. Life with two kids feels more isolating than just one. Sometimes I feel jealous when I see a new mom with just one baby in one stroller because it seemed so much easier to plan things and get out of the house with just one kid!

...starting to read "Becoming a Woman of Simplicity" by Cynthia Heald.

...warring with a toddler over potty training, and many other issues, and wishing most days that I was doing a better job.

...longing for a bigger space. This is something I try not to think about or complain about too often (although I do!), but it is very challenging, and I continue to find it hard to make peace with where we are at right now.

...enjoying some new clothes and accessories I bought with birthday money!

...feeling frustrated with my weight loss start, but am committed to see this through.

...sorting endless piles of clothes. How can keeping two kids in appropriate sizes and seasons be so difficult?!

...cleaning. I have never caught up from before having Elwin. I would love to have a whole day at home by myself to clean and organize. So...I'll probably be feeling behind and unorganized for at least another few years!

...waiting on God for some answers.

...worrying about a health issue that Elwin is being checked for.

...wondering when I will work outside the home again and what that will look like.

...taking the boys out for lots of walks and to parks.

...planning for Josiah's 3rd birthday party. How can he be turning 3?!

...feeling excited about a new niece/nephew being born next month!

1 comment:

E said...

Next time I can get into town on a day off, I'm going to try to come and help! Either clean, or look after your boys so you can. Though I have to admit, I've never thought your house even close to dirty. :) It's also good that you want to work on your weight, but don't let it get you down as you work with everything else. You might need to put it as an after thought for a few more months as you work on juggling two kids, potty training, doctor visits for Elwin, being a wife, and all you do. There is plenty of time to work on this. And I'll be praying for peace for your heart as you juggle, and start to think about the job in your future. God has it all planned. He will never let your family go without. {{{{HUGS}}}} I know it's scary to beleive that at time, I know all too well, but it is true. Love you. :)

Just a Peek