Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Elwin is 3 months old today!


He is growing stronger every day, although he is not a fan of tummy-time! He does not seem to be in much of a hurry to move yet either!

Last week, Elwin weighed in at 15 pounds/9 ounces, and measured twenty-six inches long. He is in the 97th percentile, the same as Josiah was. The health issue I had been concerned about turned out to be nothing (thankfully!).



His personality is starting to shine through. Elwin has lots of smiles and lots to say, if you take the time to listen. He is often quiet with others, and makes the most noise with us, or when he is all by himself. He loves holding hands, and has starting reaching out to grab things. Elwin doesn't complain much, but when he really isn't happy he lets us know. He has the sweetest cry and pout ever!

Elwin has a few favorite songs, and loves to be bounced while you sing. He has a little Winnie-the-Pooh toy that really gets him talking! He seems to enjoy the water, and kicks his feet when he sees the pool!



Although Elwin has slept through the night a couple of times, he usually gets up once to eat. Lately, he has been taking less in at night, so I am hoping that he is beginning to phase out this feeding! Elwin sucks his thumb, which is the cutest thing ever! He does it very loudly and furiously. He prefers this to a soother.


4 comments:

Aunt Debie said...

adorable! thanks for the "news"...I love knowing all about him. I'm not sure what was being checked for, but I am very relieved for you. phew. hope to see you guys soon!

E said...

So glad all turned out well! He is so cute. And looking more like his big brother all the time. :) Love the thumb sucking, hehe. And 97 percentile, you know, I always thought you were tall, but the men in your life are going to dwarf you when they're older. ;) But it is your fault for having a giant in your family tree. Just saying. ;)

Mandi said...

Ahhh Elwin, the boy who makes me tear up every time I see him because he's so sweet :)
I didn't know he was a thumb sucker! Isn't it cute? Darn hard habit to break though.

Barb said...

OH, this post just made my day! Can hardly wait to see everyone at the party.
Chris surely loved his thumb too, and as Mandi said, it requires some undoing down the road. However, it seems to be a great comforter in the early stages and is more convenient than the pacifier.

Just a Peek