Eleven years ago today, I married my best friend. Here are some of my favorite photos from that day:
We were so young (well, I was anyway!). I was a day shy of turning twenty-three, and Chris was twenty-seven. I don't think either of us knew what we were getting into! I don't think anybody really does because we never know what we will have to face together.
It is so much more work than I ever imagined. We have had our share of highs and lows throughout this time. Some challenges have been quickly resolved, some turned into jokes when enough time has passed, and others seem to linger longer than hoped for.
But looking back on these pictures, and our last eleven years as a family, I am so thankful.
I have had the privilege of growing older with someone who...
...is easy on me when I am too harsh, and challenges me when I need it.
...likes to have fun and brings out the adventurous side of me.
...is a strong communicator when I'd rather avoid issues.
...let's me have my space to avoid things for a little while when I need that.
...tells me the truth, even when it hurts.
...has proven himself to be trustworthy (to someone with a few trust issues).
...gives lavish compliments, even when I'm not feeling it (like after giving birth!).
...gives the best hugs in the world.
...struggles in his faith. It's so honest, and he says what most people feel/have felt but don't have the courage to think about or express.
...loves his family more than anything.
...makes mistakes and readily apologizes.
...encourages me to explore areas of interest that I tend to give up on.
...gives me breaks from being a mom when I need them the most.
...checks on his boys every night before bed.
...is an amazing dad, and works hard to be someone they will grow to trust and have an intimate relationship with.
...deserves way more compliments than I could list here.
"A good marriage is the union of two forgivers."
-Ruth Graham-





4 comments:
I just love the amount of love you two have for each other, and how it shows in every glance you two give each other. Thank you for sharing, struggles, blessings, and all. :) 11 years, wow. :)
Where did you guys get married anyway?
We were married in Sackville:)
From the ecstatic joy in these pictures to the ever-maturing love you share now, your marriage is a blessing not only to you, but the rest of us who get to see you grow and navigate life together. You're awesome, you two!
Post a Comment