Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Here are a few things Josiah has been saying lately:

"The 'Burger King' (hurricane) is coming!"

"Hello, Jesus." (During singing, he heard Chris say, "Hallelujah, Jesus.")

"Ohhh...he's hitting and kicking me! He needs a time-out!" (His response to Elwin's flailing when he gets too close)

"I don't like your noises, Elwin!"

"Just great...not this again!" (In response to Elwin crying in the car)

"People don't love us, Mommy. But the people at church love us." (After a morning of errands and incredibly rude sales people)

"Look at the BIG sausages!" (referring to the ostriches at the zoo)

"Oh no! I'm getting water in my blue eyes!"

"Um...something stinks in here." (Just before or after he has had a potty accident)

"You've got to keep your pants dry!" (A response to someone passing gas)

"I didn't like your birthday, mommy. It was yucky." (He was not a fan of the red velvet birthday cake!)

"Last year..." (referring to anything in the past tense)

I wish I had time daily to write all of the funny things! These are just a few that stand out from the past few weeks.

I am so thankful for the cuteness and humour to get us through some of the challenges of this phase!

2 comments:

Grammie Barb said...

"But the people at church love us."

Wow! This is powerful as well as scriptural. Love that & Josiah too. xo

E said...

I agree with Barb. That is so insightful for someone his age. LOVE LOVE LOVE Burger King, Ostridges and Blue Eyes, and Your Birthday. Too cute. Man I miss him, I have to drop in soon for a visit with him. I'll try to say hi to you too. ;)

Just a Peek