For Father's Day, Josiah picked a card out for Chris all by himself with no prompting from me. This is what he chose:
If you are familiar with Chris' family, you'll know that many of them love humourous cards. I guess Josiah has a knack for it already. And the potty humour comes as no surprise either. Nothing makes him laugh louder right now than bathroom words.
On the topic of potty, Josiah has been having an amazing couple of weeks of potty training success. Although he is still a little tentative about using the potty while he is in the care of others, he has had very few accidents with us, and is even finally doing '#2' in the toilet- yay! He's refusing to wear diapers or pull-ups most of the time, even out of the house.
I am very excited about his progress, and am hoping that he doesn't regress for too long after the baby arrives. One thing that I am frustrated with right now is when I think Josiah is using the potty as a stall tactic or for attention because he know's that I won't say no just in case it's for real. Anyone else have a doddler-type personality that tried to take advantage of potty time? If so, I would love to hear about how you handled it! I don't want to discourage him, and I want him to trust that he can go anytime he asks, but it has gotten a little ridiculous at times. Maybe it's something I need to wait out a bit until he is more established, but I'm just not sure.
Anyway, here is to the hope of only having one kid in diapers within the next month!
2 comments:
that's awesome about the potty success! Trinity used to do the attention getting asking to go to the potty 50 times in a day but if I didn't let her go she'd always have an accident! I think she purposely saved a little just so she could always ask to go again :o) Eventually I just took her to the bathroom but didn't sit in there with her and it helped a bit, I don't have anything foolproof for you though!
Thanks, Jobina! Maybe a little less attention would be good. I think I need to let him make more messes on his own instead of trying to prevent them. That's funny about Trinity saving some...they sure are smart!
Post a Comment