Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

On days like today, I wish that...

...I had a little more energy, and patience!

...I had a cleaning service!

...putting on my socks did not look so hysterical to my kid (the baby belly is starting to interfere with life!).

...I knew how to play with my toddler so I wouldn't be bored with his desire for repetition.

...I could hire someone to potty train my kid. I never knew how much work this could be, and feel more frustrated when I hear people talking about how easy it was for them!

...I had more space.

...I could go shopping without a two-year-old (disastrous morning at the grocery store!).

...I could find splash pants and rubber boots for my kid that didn't leak (and were self-cleaning!).

...I knew why Josiah was falling all the time lately. It's hard to be genuinely sympathetic after several dozen times in one day.

...I was done with student loans so I never had to deal with their office again. Talking with them and trying to sort out details is much more stressful than the money I owe each month!

...I could do something to help a friend who is going through a very difficult situation.

...I could do more in general for people. I think these last few months have not only taken a toll on my physical heart but on my spirit as well. I love to offer help when I can, but I feel so helpless myself these days that not many extras are getting done.

...I could fast forward to September!

...Josiah would nap, even just for a few minutes. He is definitely eliminating his nap, so we are transitioning to quiet time. This is not as restful (or long) for me as napping was! I was hoping he would make it until after the baby was born, but it's not looking that way.

...I could look better than I do when my husband comes home from work, after spending a day at war with my toddler!

...I could be more thankful and appreciative for what I have and where I'm at. And that I wasn't wishing for days like today to end so quickly!

No comments:

Just a Peek