I have been...
...not blogging! Our computer caught something that has been finally dealt with, so I am back online!
...getting bigger, and found out why today! My doctor said this is not an average baby (as previously mentioned). Apparently when they took that measurement, it was too early to tell how big the baby would eventually get. Right now, he is measuring the same as Josiah did at this time (and he came out at 10 lbs. 7 oz). I might have to return that newborn take-home outfit I bought!
...rethinking gratitude, and the changes I need to make to become someone who sees beauty again. It is very difficult to not be hardened by the things that happen, but I think I've been missing out.
...enjoying a ladies Bible study for the first time in quite a while. We are reading a book on fear...something I know very well! It has been encouraging, and I feel so blessed to have been invited to join this study.
...starting to fill in my pregnancy journal. I think my past miscarriages have made me hesitant to record anything (for this baby and Josiah) until I felt a little reassurance that everything would be okay.
...feeling thankful for my friendships, both new and old. Some are helpful and encouraging, some stretch me to be a better person than I feel like being, some give me hope, some are fun, some are comforting, and I don't know what I would do without them.
...feeling thankful for Chris and Josiah, and for the privilege of being a mom (and being celebrated!). Also, for having my own mom to celebrate with. I don't think until I became a mom that I fully appreciated or understood how hard it was for my own mom/mom-in-law, and I am so thankful for all of the sacrifices they both made for their families. I have also learned so much from both of their examples.
...dealing with some new and scary allergy episodes with Josiah. He has had two major reactions in the last week, and I am feeling uneasy because I don't know exactly what he is allergic to. We had an allergy consult yesterday and he will go for a skin test next week. Poor little guy!
...being emotional. Maybe pregnancy hormones, or life events, or frustrating encounters, but I've been struggling to keep it together.
...wanting to decide on a name for this baby (to my husband...if you are reading this...please can we sit down and decide very soon?!).
...attending the year-end banquet for my moms group. I love going to this group every week, and am so thankful for the wonderful moms who I have met there. They make me want to be much better at my job!
...trying to get our affairs in order before this baby arrives.
...noticing that it is starting to cost more to buy fewer things at the grocery store and to fill up the gas tank.
...taking fewer walks than I should be.
...feeling blessed by the many people who have support me and my family during this challenging time.
...nesting- well, if I am being honest, I am making lots of lists on things I'd like to have done! I just don't have a lot of extra energy to make it all happen.
...overdoing it! I think I have slipped back into trying to keep up with life the way I did before pregnancy and a heart condition, and I need to start saying 'no' again.
...thinking that I only have a few weeks left to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment