Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lately...

- I have been reading...too much! I always find that if my nose is buried in a book for too long, it's not a good thing. It means I'm avoiding life!

- It has been snowing a lot! It is very pretty, but I haven't had a lot of opportunities to enjoy it. Hopefully there will be time on the weekend.

- Josiah got his hair cut at a salon for the first time. It was worth the $12 to not have to fight with him. He was so perfect for the stylist, whereas with me lately he will not stay still. I'll be taking him again!

- We've been missing some of our regular activities that were suspended over the holidays. I am really looking forward to things starting up again next week!

- I was thankful for a good talk with a friend who let me vent my frustrations with out judgement, and offered to pray.

- Chris has been sick a lot, which is discouraging for him and for us. I think Josiah has been missing their time together, and is acting out in response.

- I have been frustrated with toddler behaviors, and repeating myself a thousand times a day. I have been lacking patience, and need some fresh perspective. I am thankful for the resources that I have been using on raising a strong-willed child, but the bottom line is that it's just plain exhausting (even without being pregnant!).

- We made the mistake of leaving Christmas stuff up too long. I am finding it hard to make the time to put everything away, so it is stacked in our bedroom and living room. I am looking forward to reclaiming my space!

- We were blessed with a supper, that was dropped off at our house by someone who was thinking of us. It was such a blessing!

- I've been meaning to start that prenatal yoga video, but just never feel like it. It is my goal to be well into it by this time next week.

- Although I am thankful for my doctors and how keen they are, I am feeling frustrated by the number of appointments I have for this pregnancy. Being considered high-risk is exhausting. I may be refusing some of this care at some point, but for now I will play along.

- Josiah has been talking to my belly a lot. He says, "Hi baby," over and over as he pats or rubs my stomach. It's kind of sweet!

- I have been thinking about preschool options for the fall, and have yet to decide what the best thing is for Josiah.

- I've been trying not to be stressed about employment, finances, short maternity leave, and what life will look like after this baby arrives.

- I've been missing time to myself.

- I've been bad at blogging! Will try to share some new pictures soon!

3 comments:

Debie said...

I love hearing what is going on with you, and your lovely world. Hopefully, you will be restored with power...this weekend (but, really I wanted to say "with power from on high", but it sounded too churchy). I do pray that God will give you what you need when you need it...each moment.

Barb said...

Thanks for saying what I feel too, Deb.I didn't think Jenn looked very well yesterday and hope & pray she improves soon.Whoops! Sorry Jenn. I forgot you were in the room.

andrea said...

Jenn, you need a vacation...to Halifax :)

Just a Peek