It seems like God steps in when he knows we can't take anything else going wrong, and he encourages us. This has happened to me in the past couple of weeks, and I am so thankful to Him and those he has used to bless our family. Here are just a few of the things He has used to encourage us:
- I had a really great appointment with a specialist who deals with high risk pregnancies at the hospital. She explained more to me than anyone has so far regarding my heart issues and the impact this is having on my pregnancy. She was compassionate and understanding at a time when I felt 'doctored out.'
- My mom came to visit and help with Josiah and housework...need I say more?!
- We went to visit some very special friends on the weekend, and our whole family was encouraged. We also went swimming, and I didn't have to cook all weekend!
- So many people have emailed or called to tell us that they are thinking of us and praying. It feels good to hear that, and reminds me I need to let people know more when I am praying for them too.
- A few people have offered to help out with Josiah during all of the appointments I have had/will continue to have.
- A good friend took Josiah for whole morning so I could have some time to myself. This was an amazing treat, and even the thought of it kept me going strong this week.
- Someone offered to do errands/get groceries for us if we needed it.
- Another family member who lives away paid for us to get take-out for a meal so I wouldn't have to cook on that night.
- A looming financial situation seems to have been cleared, which will change a lot of things in our future.
- Chris continues to step in and home (beyond what he always has done) to do so many extras. As always, this is done without complaint and without making me feel guilty at all.
God has used this very negative situation to show me that I am not alone, something that I have struggled with for a long time. It's not that people haven't been kind before, but I have always just done what's had to be done myself. I think I have believed that if I wanted to be cared for, I had to do that for myself because no one else would. Being sick has humbled me, and made me realize how many people care and how much I need them.
I am so thankful for all of these blessings in the midst of my difficulties!
2 comments:
Jenn, I am so glad that you have been encouraged and uplifted during this challenging time. It's funny that God knows just what we need, huh? Go figure! :) It definitely sounds like you have a lot of people loving on you, and for that I am thankful.
So true. I am thankful for all of the ways you have helped and encouraged us through this process, Mandi!
Post a Comment