Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Before the haircut...



Josiah was a little uncertain, but he sat so perfectly still!



His new haircut is pretty cute (although I just realized that I did not take a picture after the cut was done!). It reminds me of how old he is getting. He is also potty training right now. Potty training is a full time job for me and him, and I really hope it can happen before I am too pregnant or the baby arrives. I decided to take it very seriously this week after visiting with a friend. Her little guy is two months older than Josiah, and fully trained...even at night! She told me about her strategies, which contradicted a lot of what I've been reading, but made a lot of sense. So I decided it was time to see if Josiah was ready (the last time we tried, he wasn't really ready).

This week, Josiah has been without a diaper for most of the hours we've been at home, except when he is sleeping. He is very proud, and is starting to hate it when I put a diaper on him (like this morning when he went out with Chris to do some errands). I guess that's a good sign! This is so much work, but I know it will be worth it when we are done with diapers for good!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

So glad the haircut at the salon went well! It works better for us usually that way too.

Potty training strategies - I need to know! We've done underwear only with Asher so many times, but I didn't feel like we ever got anywhere. I'd love to know any tips you have - do share!

Andrea said...

Go Josiah Go!! Wesley can now saw Boop when he poops so at least he gives us the heads up once in awhile that he pooped...although we don't really need much help in figuring that out :) Last night he was peeing all over the floor after his bath - on purpose!! He says 'uh oh' looks down and pees and then chuckles...and did this 3 times last night within 20 mins!!
So being potty trained sounds nice, lots of work I hear but you guys will master it!

Just a Peek