We had purchased a mattress before Christmas, and were just waiting for the right bed frame to come along. We found it on Saturday (hooray for second hand furniture!). By Sunday, Josiah insisted that he sleep in it for his nap, and there was no turning back.
I had a really hard time because I was not aware that Saturday night would be his last night in a crib! I know he is old enough and more than ready...but he's always ready to let go and move on before me!
Here are a couple of pictures of him in his new bed:
Finally sleeping (it still takes us while to get him to sleep because he is so excited)...
What surprised us is that he didn't try to get out at all, and he still hollers for us when he wakes up like he always did. This is a huge relief, and those of you who know Josiah can just imagine what he might be up to if he decided to let himself out!
His room now needs a lot of work, because we don't have the bed rail yet (my mom got one for us, but we probably won't have it for a while), so for now he is blocked in by furniture! I also have not done any accessorizing at all, so I'll post pictures of his toddler room when I have some of the details taken care of.
At least now the crib will be empty and waiting for this new little one by summer!
1 comment:
Cute pictures, Jenn. When we finally moved Asher into his big boy bed I realized that it was really nice to get to lay down with him and read him bedtime stories and pray. So much more comfortable that way and it looks that way for you guys too! So glad he is doing well!
Post a Comment