Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

This week, I...

- Had a long awaited Dr.'s appointment, because I have been feeling pretty lousy. He was very thorough and also ordered blood work so hopefully I can find out what is going on soon. I just need to get myself down to the lab now!

- Have been doing well on my running program, and can do more than a kilometer straight. This is very low, but I started from the bottom. My doctor cautioned me to not exert too much energy until he finds out what is wrong, so this has stalled me a bit.

- Have been counting Josiah's words since a friend asked last week how many he was saying now. I said around 50, but I think it is over 250. I am working on a list to put in his calendar, so I'll let you know what the final number is.

- Thinking of solutions to keep Josiah from unlocking the back door, opening it, and running into the back yard in his bare feet to watch the construction workers.

- Had a cancelled work day on Monday due to a client that couldn't make it. It was fun to spend most of the day with Chris and Josiah, and go shopping in the afternoon.
BUT, I paid for it yesterday with one of my worst work days ever!

- Skipped out on a lot of cleaning, and am very behind on laundry!

- Have joined a banquet planning committee for my mom's group.

- Spent some time after we got home from our music class cleaning up a diaper explosion (picture puddles on the living room floor... well, maybe try not to!). Josiah has been acting kind of funny this week. I thought he was teething, and he still might be, but now I am wondering if he has a flu or something. He hasn't been eating well either, which is very unusual. (Josiah just woke up from his nap, and it's definitely a flu! He was vomiting everywhere. I guess that is the motivation I needed to start on that laundry!).

- Am feeling thankful to God that he has returned the missing woman in Moncton safely. Definitely feeling more cautious when I am out by myself (this happened within a kilometer of my office).

- Need to make a snack for a large group of women, and am stumped on what to do. If I didn't have an occasion, I'd have lots of ideas!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Based on what I hear from the Media, if you had chocolate-covered strawberries and wine, your snack would be a hit!

Jenn said...

Sounds great Barb! Let me know the next time you plan to serve this combo and I'll be on your doorstep. On the other hand, I'm not sure that the church where my mom's group is held would be open to the idea!

Just a Peek