Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I have not been doing well at following my doctor's orders! One of the things he asked me was how much caffeine I have in a day. I was embarrassed to answer. He thought it might be a good idea to cut back and see if some of my symptoms are alleviated.



The problem is that I love coffee, and probably have it once or twice a day. I try to do half decaf, but I like a bit of a jolt! This had not been a problem for me before having Josiah, as I only drank coffee occasionally (mostly in social settings). But I just find my energy is so low that I need something to get me through the day. I know all of the effects,etc. and that it is just an illusion, but sometimes I'll take whatever I can get in the moment.

So, I am writing this in order to help me be accountable for the next four weeks until I see my doctor again. I will give you random caffeine updates. This is more for my benefit than yours, so thanks for your support!!

4 comments:

mel said...

Sounds like a challenge!

I have found that besides all the regular stuff that helps with energy (sleep, exercise, eating well, etc), vitamin B is good. But also a few homeopathic remedies; one in particular got me through the last exam season in good shape. Just let me know if you want details.

Hope your energy returns soon, Jenn.

Jenn said...

I would love to hear about your remedy! I've tried everything else including vitamin B & others. I think it helps some, but I'd try anything right now.

Erin said...

Jenn I am right there with you on the coffee, especially now that I'm in grad school! I'm now doing one to two cups a day, and I have NEVER been like this. So Mel I would love to hear your remedy as well.

I support you in your new adventure!

Jobina said...

a few years ago I made the switch from regular coffee to decaf and I was amazed, my energy level actually went up! It's the constant ups and downs in caffeine levels that make us feel so tired. Good luck!

Just a Peek