What I've Been Up To...
- Sorting baby clothes (no,there is not any news!)
- Sorting Josiah's clothes and packing up the small stuff.
- Baby-proofing more of my house than I ever thought would be necessary.
- Reading a lot, and fun stuff too!
- Reading a letter from two dear old friends from our apartment building in Kleefeld, MB.
- Enjoying some new worship songs.
- Visiting my sister and nephew in Halifax while my mom kept Josiah (last week). Baby time, talking, shopping, sleeping...it was wonderful!
- Drinking too much coffee.
- Cleaning. I think the spring cleaning bug hit me with all of those plus temperatures we had last week.
- Writing reports and trying to stay caught up at work. It's going really well, and it feels so great to not have mounds of paper looming.
- Getting a long overdue haircut (thanks to Barb taking Josiah off my hands!).
- Thinking a lot. About what my interests were before diapers and trucks. It's all starting to come back...
- Beating Chris at board games (I guess I've let him win a couple!).
- Enjoying some great talks with friends.
- Loving the new 'Women of Faith' video series in my small group. The speaker is Sheila Walsh. I've never really seen her presentations before, but she's great. Just the right mix of funny, real and super challenging. I just ordered one of her books and am looking forward to digging in.
- Appreciating a couple of girls who come regularly to visit and pray. Such a blessing.
- Trying to get uncomfortable.
- Really wanting to go skating. Anyone interested? Chris does not skate because of a previous foot injury, so I'm always on my own!
- Trying new recipes. Most have turned out great. One bombed, really badly. I still haven't admitted it to Chris (if you are reading this, you don't have to eat anymore of the muffins). His exact comment was, "they taste...healthy." The key to a good muffin is that it is healthy, but that it doesn't taste healthy (like cardboard). I think I'll stick with my old recipes.
And that's just a little bit of me!
5 comments:
ok, if you want healthy muffins that taste good, I have a recipe for you! You don't have to do chocolate chips, you could do nuts or blueberries or whatever.
Banana Bran Muffins
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
1 cup bran
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/3-1/2 cup milk
3 mashed ripe bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix dry ingredients in 1 bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another. Gently mix the 2 together and add chocolate chips. Bake in greased muffin tins 20 min at 350 degrees, enjoy!
Jobina- Chris thanks you greatly!
Mmmmmm, thanks Jobina!
Jenn, we'd go skating with you! I should have some borrowed skates next weekend, so let's do it. There's a really smooth little surface in front of city hall this year that we've been wanting to try ....
Oh wait, did you mean kid-free?
Mel- Skating sounds great, kids and all! I can't wait until Josiah is old enough to go too! Let me know when you guys are going and I'll be there.
Jobina- I got all of the ingredients to try the recipe. It looks so great!
Post a Comment