Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Highlights




Just wanted to give you some highlights from our Christmas. It was a really great break, even though it was the first year we haven't had a full two weeks off (because of our big fall trip).  I think it went well because everything was really spread out, and because I didn't kill myself to make everything perfect (or as close as I could possibly get!). 


Here is a picture of Josiah with his first gift. In my family, we always opened one gift on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning. That first one was always so exciting! 




This is Christmas morning:







We stayed in NB until Christmas afternoon, and then headed to NS to visit some of my family.
Josiah did really well for the most part, especially since his schedule was all over the place.  He did not always understand that there was something exciting behind the wrapping paper, but he sure is having a ton of fun with some pretty cool new toys!

This picture is of Josiah 'helping' Chris assemble his new set of wheels!




The funniest thing that Josiah did was take a broom to my mother's Christmas tree! He didn't really mean to do it, but when he saw all of us react to the broom knocking into the tree, he turned around and started swinging. Thankfully nothing was broken!

In the past couple of years, for various reasons, we have lost some of the traditions that we came to love. So I found myself rethinking things this year, and wondering how I can continue developing new traditions that we will come to love just as much as the old ones.

Although we have never really been big into celebrating New Year's since we've been married, we do think a lot about this holiday! And yes, I do make resolutions, and have already implemented 3 that are working out well. I find it a really nice time of year to have a fresh start. So here it goes! Happy 2010 everyone!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, that first picture....so infinitely precious! Incidentally, I notice the chair is lying on its side! I'll bet Deb remembers when she used to do that (to attempt) to deter Mac.

Debie said...

oh yes, Barb. :o)

such a handsome little guy.

thanks for the recap. The ball bin looks fun! But, I'm glad that I'm not chasing after them. hahaha!

Jenn said...

Yes, the tipped chairs at least give me a bit of time to catch him!
And, Debie, the ball bin is only fun for Josiah...I could not even begin to tell you all of the places those balls are showing up. Have you found any at your house yet?!

Just a Peek