This weekend, Chris and I got to go out...this is really big news,
as we don't do this as often as we should! Anyways, we went to the
Steve Bell concert in Sackville on Saturday night with some
friends. The concert was so amazing. Chris has really
enjoyed his music for the last couple of years.
I thought it was okay, but wouldn't necessary choose
to listen to it myself; however, he is such an amazing
performer/storyteller that I actually loved it.
as we don't do this as often as we should! Anyways, we went to the
Steve Bell concert in Sackville on Saturday night with some
friends. The concert was so amazing. Chris has really
enjoyed his music for the last couple of years.
I thought it was okay, but wouldn't necessary choose
to listen to it myself; however, he is such an amazing
performer/storyteller that I actually loved it.
We even went out afterwards, and didn't get
home until after midnight. This is an extremely late night for us,
as we are usually fast asleep long before this time.
But we didn't have to rush home.
home until after midnight. This is an extremely late night for us,
as we are usually fast asleep long before this time.
But we didn't have to rush home.
Chris told everyone who asked that we had tried
the parenting thing for a year, and decided that
it wasn't really our thing...
But, actually, Josiah had his first sleep over at his
Grammy and Grampy Mealey's house! It seemed to
go really well, except that he decided to get up at 5:15 am
and not go back to sleep. He must have just
been too excited- oh dear! He's always up at the
crack of dawn, or before. It doesn't matter how
late he stays up, Josiah loves mornings.
Sleeping in for him would be 6:30/7:00, and this rarely happens.
Normally, he is up around 5:45-6:00.
the parenting thing for a year, and decided that
it wasn't really our thing...
But, actually, Josiah had his first sleep over at his
Grammy and Grampy Mealey's house! It seemed to
go really well, except that he decided to get up at 5:15 am
and not go back to sleep. He must have just
been too excited- oh dear! He's always up at the
crack of dawn, or before. It doesn't matter how
late he stays up, Josiah loves mornings.
Sleeping in for him would be 6:30/7:00, and this rarely happens.
Normally, he is up around 5:45-6:00.
I feel guilty that Chris and I actually slept in until
after 8:00 when all of them were up so early!
But it was so nice to get caught up on sleep.
(Thanks Grammy and Grampy!).
We really needed it, as we are both recovering from colds/flu's, etc.
We probably should not have gone out, because
I think we are paying for it a bit today
(as I am typing this, my voice is almost gone completely!),
but it was worth it!
after 8:00 when all of them were up so early!
But it was so nice to get caught up on sleep.
(Thanks Grammy and Grampy!).
We really needed it, as we are both recovering from colds/flu's, etc.
We probably should not have gone out, because
I think we are paying for it a bit today
(as I am typing this, my voice is almost gone completely!),
but it was worth it!
4 comments:
We really had a great time with Josiah, early morning or not. I loved hearing Bob in the den reading him story after story until it was time to feed him (Josiah) breakfast. He was shy at church - for a whole 5 minutes; then, he saw that big, fabulous platform! It was then I decided he & I would join Kim in the nursey..chuckle.
Wouldn't that platform be his favorite place yet...if only he had made it, who knows what he might have done!
Awww SO glad you had a whole night off! Sweet deal! Yay!
(Love the new font.)
That is incredible that you had a complete break! And, so great of B & B to help out with that! Oh, I'm so glad that you got to go out.
Post a Comment