I decided just to post the recipe rather than emailing it out (sorry I don't have a picture, as my camera was not working before these disappeared the last time I made them!). These are really worth making if you like cranberries, cream cheese, white chocolate...not so healthy, but a very nice Christmas treat! I found this recipe on a copycat websight, wasn't entirely happy with it, and made my own revisions.
Hope you enjoy the reults!
Cranberry Bliss Wedges
Cake:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup diced dried cranberries
1 heaping cup of white chocolate chips/chunks
Icing:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 cups icing sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced dried cranberries
Drizzle:
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
Directions:
*Oven- 350
* Cake: Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, ginger and salt and beat well. Add flour, stirring gently until smooth.
* Fold in diced, dried cranberries and white chocolate. Spread into greased pan (9x13).
* Bake 35 minutes, or until brown. Cool.
* Icing: Blend cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Spread evenly onto cooled cake. Sprinkle 1/2 cup dried cranberries on top of icing.
* Drizzle: Mix 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and shortening until well blended. Drizzle using a cake decorator or a baggie with a small hole cut in a corner. Zigzag back and forth over top of icing/cranberries.
Let it sit for a couple of hours before cutting. Cut these into triangular wedges for serving with coffee/tea, or cut into squares or bars for a platter.
Makes about 16 wedges or 24 large squares.
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(63)
-
▼
November
(8)
- I decided just to post the recipe rather than emai...
- Here is an update: - Josiah turned 14 months old ...
- Recently, Chris has started a new blog, and he ask...
- We had a playdate at the park yesterday afternoon....
- After many hours, I think my blog 'facelift' is al...
- We are under construction! Please bear with me as ...
- This weekend, Chris and I got to go out...this is ...
- Psalm 103
-
▼
November
(8)
No comments:
Post a Comment