In 2011, I ...
...was pregnant, and gave birth to my second son.
...recovered from a c-section.
...started doing administrative work from home for Chris. He left his job to start his own business.
...organized and sorted and de-cluttered.
...was reminded to take care of myself better, and set some new boundaries.
...felt the support of old and new friends.
...struggled with letting go of the mom's group I was attending because I didn't feel it was right for Josiah.
...reconnected with my Bible in a new way.
...enjoyed the challenge of three simultaneous book studies (with lots of homework!).
...realized that my pregnancy with Elwin seemed to trigger a gluten intolerance, which has not been easy to deal with.
...felt lonely and isolated at times. Even with great friends to make fun plans with, the days can get long being home alone with the kids.
...let myself off the hook, and gave myself permission to not have to do or be the best in every situation...maybe felt a touch of His grace in new ways.
...worked through more past crap. Those painful struggles never seem to end. They serve as a constant reminder that things will never be perfect in this life, and that my hope should be in the next one.
...sought help for some parenting issues that I have been battling through.
...continued to serve in the ways that I could.
...stayed home too much, and did not have enough times out with Chris. It has been harder than we thought to make dates happen.
...missed some extended family members. Although my family was far from perfect growing up, I did experience a lot of connection and support from some extended family. I think since having kids that I wish I could be closer to that again. This year, I found myself longing to be close to those who I know would stop in for lots of tea, and spend quality time with me and my kids.
...felt thankful on many occasions for my wonderful kids and husband.
...missed vacation time (since most of it was used up on baby time).
...watched Josiah turn three, learn to do new chores, start preschool, dress and undress himself, recognize and draw numbers and letters, make new friends, problem-solve, potty train (YAY- we're completely done!), become an amazing big brother, play some new games, learn to swim, have his first sleepover, identify and talk through his feelings, and grow taller and stronger.
...watched Elwin turn six months old, roll over, sit up without much assistance, and start to eat solid foods. Also got to know his little personality, and watched him grow like crazy!
...felt God move in some areas, and continued to wait on him on others.
...trusted that He knew best at times, and worried at other times because I just couldn't see it.
...wanted to be closer to Him.
...needed His help to forgive, and to trust again.
...didn't feel ready for some of the places He wanted me to go...maybe I'll be more ready in 2012.
Happy New Year!
Search This Blog
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(21)
-
▼
January
(8)
- Although I usually love running into people I know...
- Today, Elwin turns seven months old! Here are s...
- Lately, I have been... ...watching laundry pile u...
- Me: ...scrambling around, rushing, stressing. Jos...
- Second Hand
- What we've been up to: Downloading the Christmas ...
- Book Ideas?
- In 2011, I ... ...was pregnant, and gave birth to...
-
▼
January
(8)
2 comments:
Wow, since we are only 4 days into 2012, you sure packed it full! ;) hehehe, sorry, couldn't help but notice the typo. :) What a year, I pray God keeps blessing you in the year to come.
Yes...very impressive! I have been rehearsing 2012 so I don't write 2011 by accident:)!
Post a Comment