Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

We have never practiced printing or letters. I have never given Josiah information on any of this that he hasn't requested or observed. It's just the way I feel is best (and what I observed teaching kindergarten). So, I was thrilled to see this...


His first perfectly formed letter, all on his own. I was doing dishes, and heard, "Look, Mommy! I made a 'G'!

The other thing Josiah has been doing lately is playing some educational computer games. When daddy replaced his work laptop, he gave the old one to the boys without Internet.


He can click his way through most of the games, and has even been clicking and dragging with the mouse for about a month now!

And lastly, for fun, we made some new tunnels for our train table. Breton cracker boxes (rectangular ones) are the perfect size. Covered and painted, they have provided hours of fun!


With two kids, I am finding it challenging to spend quality time and do meaningful tasks with each. Some days, I breeze through, and wonder what we actually accomplished. Like today, we just hung out, enjoyed fresh air, watched too much television, and tried to laugh as much as we could!

2 comments:

E said...

I have learned that with kids, the days we feel we got the least amount done, actually sometimes mean the most to them. They had your attention and time, and those mean the most. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the new tunnels. :) I love to think outside the box too... er, in your case in and out of the box. :)

E said...

PS Way to go, Josiah, on your perfectly formed "G"!

Just a Peek