Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lately, I have been...

...working very late.

...trying to get wrapping done.

...feeling frustrated with gift orders that haven't arrived on time for Christmas.

...shopping for last-minute gifts because of things that have not come in.

...standing in long lines, and realizing how patient I am without kids trying to rip things off the racks. It's almost enjoyable.

...feeling done with stuff, and wanting much more.

...realizing more things about myself that I wish were not true, and struggling to give them over to God.

...missing important events because there is just too much happening and I don't have the energy.

...really enjoying listening to Josiah talk about Christmas and what he thinks it is. He wonders what Jesus would like on his cake, and if He will come to have a piece with us...and why He won't. He said he didn't want to share his Christmas train with Jesus, and I have heard him saying that he will even though he doesn't 'wish' to.

...dealing with a very fussy, very clingy, teething baby boy.

...doing way too much laundry.

...going to bed too late just to have a few minutes to myself, and then paying for it.

...having some fun visits, and looking forward to more.

...getting excited about giving a few gifts and worrying over others.

...missing all of my regular activities, but also enjoying the breaks.

...trying to drink my coffee black.

...listening to old and new Christmas songs.

...missing the physical space and time to play piano (and not having a piano!).

..wishing I could speed up time for some issues and slow it way down for others.

...wondering when I will hear about my heart surgery.

...feeling down when I read the news, and wondering if I should just stop.

...hearing the beautiful sounds of Elwin trying to sing as he bounces to the music on my lap.

...wanting to read a great book (without falling asleep would be nice!).

...hoping that my boys will begin, in small ways, to understand the significance of the celebration of Christmas.

...feeling excited for a chance to rest in the peace of this holiday, however that looks with two little boys!

1 comment:

E said...

You are so busy, I'm tired just reading. ;) I tink that's great that Josiah will share with Jesus, even if he doesn't 'wish" to. :)

Just a Peek