Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011



On days like today, that are kind of messy all the way around, I am glad that God uses little things in my toddler to remind me of Himself (especially when it seems my toddler is the one making things challenging!).

One thing is listening to Josiah pray. It is truly conversational, and I learn a lot from listening to him. He talks about everything he has done, people he has seen, things that hurt his feelings, toys that he loves to play with, Bo, etc...Nothing is off limits. I need to do this more often.

The other thing is the way Josiah views people. He does not have many judgements yet. It isn't that he is trying to treat everyone the same...he just has no reason not to. His kindness and friendliness extend to the rich lady behind us in the grocery store to the 'street' person on the sidewalk on our way out. His sympathy runs deep, regardless of people's motives or how they have gotten themselves into the places they are in.

I am so thankful for these little glimpses of heaven on earth...they remind me that God is still here. He is stronger and bigger than the situations I/others deal with, and it gives me hope in the things that are to come.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Our children teach us so much, huh? It reminds me about a recent article I read about including children in worship at church. The author commented that children present in worship help us to see attributes of God that would otherwise go unnoticed because they demonstrated that God is playful, loud, messy and unpredictable. That seems true to me, and so do all these things you're saying about Josiah. It's amazing what we can learn when we stop to look!

Just a Peek