Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Update

- I have been dealing with a sick kid...thankfully he was able to tell us that his ears were hurting for the first time, so we caught the ear infection early.

- I caught a cold, and have been feeling miserable (the reason for no new posts lately). I continue to struggle with some other health issues, and am seeing a specialist tomorrow morning.

- I attended the Christmas celebration banquet at my mom's group last week. It was wonderful as usual!

- I went to breakfast with a friend, and then shopping with no kids. What a relaxing and enjoyable morning!

- Josiah went to play at his grammie and grampie's house so I could have some shopping time last week (so nice to have space to think and wander and browse without digging in my purse every minute for a toy or snack or drink or bribe or distraction...I have a big purse!).

- I overdid it at the mall on Saturday (yes, THE Saturday before Christmas), where I spent four hours squeezing through crowds. Thankfully, I am almost finished...now for the wrapping part (you may be getting your present in a grocery bag this year if things don't pick up around here!).

- I attended my Christmas staff party, which was held at a swanky little French restaurant. And I spent my Christmas bonus on a new mattress and protector for Josiah (oh, to be selfish again!).

- Chris missed his staff party the following night because he was sick (and I was too).

- Josiah has done a great job of ignoring the wrapped gifts under the tree. He has, however, decided that his shopping cart causes a huge stir when it is rammed into the Christmas tree after a good running start...the shopping cart will be banned until after the holidays. Hopefully this year, he does not remember that the broom makes a great whacking stick for the 'pinata' tree (sorry mom!).

- Despite feeling sick and busy and overwhelmed, I have felt peace. Not because things are great, but because God is.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

We have a little barrier between Ian and our tree. We've also implemented the one-finger rule. He's so curious about the tree that he can't help touching it so we told him he could touch it with one finger only. I hope that you guys have a great Christmas!

Barb said...

You mums are so much wiser than I was at your age. Never having taken care of children, I just stumbled along. The one-finger rule! Who knew?

mel said...

Sorry to hear you've all been under the weather in various ways lately, Jenn. But glad that you've gotten some relaxing and fun things done, too, and that Josiah continues to be the my most amusing two year old nephew!

Mandi said...

Oh Josiah... that's too funny (for me, anyways!)
Praying for your continued health, friend. And so glad you're seeing God's goodness in all of this.

Just a Peek