Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

This Week...

- I am getting ready for my trip! So excited!

- I had a whole morning to myself, when my sister-in-law offered to take Josiah so I could do some Christmas shopping. This was such a nice gift! I had a very enjoyable and productive morning. It is amazing how clear and efficient one can be without kids.

- Josiah has been fighting something. He slept until 7:40 this morning. Those of you who know him understand what a big deal this is! He's pale and quiet and just not himself. (Really hoping we don't get sick before my trip and that he is able to get rid of this soon too!)

- I found a pretty Christmas centerpiece for the table. I had been looking for the right thing for a while...something simple. I will try to post a picture of it after my decorating is done.

- I prepared my advent calendar. It was fun to find verses for each day, pick special candies to fit behind the doors, and include some fun activities/challenges.

- Chris has been in a sorting mood. Several garbage bags have left our house. It feels great to have reduced our clutter, especially before trying to decorate for Christmas.

- In lieu of coffee/tea, I have been enjoying chai and apple cider.

- I participated in a cookie exchange this week, so my freezer is ready for holiday company!

- I still don't have Christmas cards done! If you don't get one this year, you'll know why!

- We went to the Christmas parade on the weekend. Josiah was in awe. It was all of his favorite things...thousands of people, action, lights, and snow. What a beautiful night! It was cute to watch his expressions. He waved frantically at the people on the floats. The only things he wasn't crazy about was one of the marching bands (very loud) and a Sponge Bob float- I don't think he's ever seen this character before, but he didn't look impressed.

- We are going to try out a new teen babysitter for some of our Christmas parties/activities. Hoping that goes well, and that it can possibly lead to more outings in the future! It would be very exciting to think that Chris and I might be able to go shopping for Josiah together instead of alone as we have always had to do!

- We went bed shopping for Josiah this week, just to get some prices, etc...I can't believe it is almost time for my baby to leave his crib! I can't believe how much twin beds and bedding cost!

- I have not been cleaning...

- I've been wanting to move.

- Have I mentioned that I leave tomorrow for my trip:)! I'll post some pics next week when I get back!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Jenn, have fun on your trip!

Jenn said...

Thanks Rachel- I can't imagine not meeting anyone's needs other than my own for three whole days!

Just a Peek