Sorry I have not written in a while. I haven't been feeling well, but am slowly recovering. There is not much new going on with us. Here are a few things we've been doing:
1) Last week I went to visit my mom. Josiah had been asking forever when he was going to see his Grammy, and I decided that it was time. It was nice to get away, visit family, and have a break.
2) I had a horrible experience with a bag of rice from a local oriental market. I opened it, and it was crawling...literally. I could not differentiate between the rice itself, maggots, worms, etc... It was the most disgusting thing ever. I wish it had stopped there. I returned it, and then a few days later we started seeing pantry moths. We had to throw out every opened dry good, and we never found the source. We are pretty sure they hatched from something in that rice bag...never again!
3) I am eagerly planning a trip to Quebec City with my sister in December. I am so excited! We have a few really neat things planned.
4) We've been trying to take potty training to the next level, and not sure if I'M ready!
5) I received some very good news about an unexpected Christmas bonus from my old job!
6) I am grieving for a huge loss suffered by some friends this week.
7) As I learn more about parenting, I have very much appreciated a couple of books by James Dobson. Although we have chosen not to spank (and he does suggest it), there are so many other helpful strategies that I am trying. It is so hard to be consistent, loving, and have long-term vision when it comes to these issues. I fail every day, but I keep trying and praying for the wisdom that I so desperately need.
8) Due to the health issues I mentioned, I am completely off of any form of caffeine. This has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I don't really think about it until someone else feels sad for me!
9) I've been growing increasingly tired of 'stuff.' Feeling a big purge coming on!
10) Lastly, I have been appreciating all of the ways that Chris has taken up my slack around the house since I've been under the weather. He has done so much, on top of the extra hours he has taken at work because of my job loss. I am very blessed to have someone who steps in without complaint and does what needs to be done! I have been blessed by others who have helped or offered to help out in various ways.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well Jen! A trip to Grammy's and one to Quebec sound fantastic. Better purge before you go so you can bring a few things back!
Post a Comment