One thing that we did this past week was celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary! It is so hard to believe that we have been married for that long. Evidence comes in the form of an old VHS tape that was our marriage video! This year, Chris had it put on DVD to surprise me, and we enjoyed watching it for the first time in quite a while.
Here are some pics of that day:





(These are just a couple that we have managed to scan onto the computer. Many important people are not included in this highlight reel for that reason!).
Ten years of marriage equals:
- eight different dwelling places
- visits to nine provinces and over a dozen states
- three vehicles
- four churches
- three university degrees
- four pregnancies...and one beautiful little boy
- two bunnies and over a dozen fish
- five new nieces and nephews
- two tents and countless camping trips
- over twenty-two jobs (combined)
- many good friendships
I think back to that time, to how young I was, to how many people told me that they didn't approve of my decision (because I was so young, etc...), and I thank God that his voice crowded out all of the uncertainties! Although we have had more than our share of grief and difficulties, I am grateful that God has placed us together. He knew what he was doing all along, and I am happy to be sharing in all of this with my best friend.
4 comments:
Wow, happy anniversary you guys!!! 10 years - what a reason to celebrate. I can't believe how young you look in those photos. I am also so glad that you followed God's calling and found each other. You have CERTAINLY been through a lot together - wow! I got teary reading that list. I believe that makes your connection and commmitment even stronger. Awesome. Cheers to another 10 (20, 30, 40, 50...) years together!
Awesome, Jenn!
Yay congrats guys! Love seeing the pics. I as well got teary reading your last paragraph. It's so true that He knows what's best for us. I'm glad you drowned all of that out as well. Many, many more years of wonderful blessings with your best friend!
Thanks girls!
Post a Comment