Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics from our vacation. Here is one of Josiah enjoying the pool. He loves swimming and is quite fearless in the water.
Here are the boys wrestling in the water:
We started off with a very quiet morning of crafts and mega-cleaning:
The next day, we went on another bus ride to the mall with friends:
Here are the boys outside as we waited for the bus to take us back to our vehicles:
The next day, I got some time to myself while Chris and Josiah watched Saturday morning cartoons:
Josiah had his first pony ride at the zoo. Here he is getting ready (he was so excited!):
After stopping at one of our favorite local markets, Josiah enjoyed a tomato on the ride home:
Josiah's Grammie and Grampie Mealey watched him overnight so we could go tubing. It was such a great day! Our trip lasted for about four hours, and we had so much fun!
Then we went back to Grammie and Grampie's place, as they stayed at our house. We played games, watched TV, read, and slept in. I think it was at this point that I realized how tired I was from the last few months!
I also spent a morning by myself at a cafe that I enjoy, read two-and-a-half books, and had a very successful shopping day at Frenchy's.
Near the end of the first week, Josiah got very sick. We were supposed to go camping but we ended up in the emergency room with Josiah. His resting heart rate was 160 b/p/m and his fever was 40C. It was obvious that he was feeling very miserable, and we just couldn't seem to control his fever. We were told that he had a bad case of tonsillitis, but once he started the treatments he was fine within a few days. Poor guy! In the midst of this, I encouraged Chris to take his own camping trip since there was no point in both of us being home with a sick kid. He had a nice and relaxing time by himself.
And that's a summary of our first week. I'll post more about week two soon!
4 comments:
Great post! We had a lot of chuckles yesterday when we were on the Fundy Trail, taking pictures and discovered some very funny pics on our camera. But you & Chris wouldn't happen to know anything about that , would you?
Hmmmm...interesting!!
Fun pictures, Jenn! I didn't realize that you and Chris had been out tubing -- looks like the same place I've been the last two weekends. Hope you had as much fun as I have!
It was really awesome!! We'll have to plan a group outing for next year!
Post a Comment