We took another bus ride this morning to the park and back.
Josiah really loves it. He asks to go on it all the time.
Here are some of my own observations:
- It is very difficult waiting for the bus to arrive. Josiah is so anxious and excited that I can hardly keep him off the street.
- There are big steps, which sometimes are lowered and sometimes aren't. This can be problematic since Josiah is still short and insists on doing everything on his own.
- Even though I pay to put gas in the car all the time, it makes me more aware of the cost of transportation when I put my money into the slot!
- There are so many seats to choose from once you get onto the bus.
- Toddlers have no awareness of the disgusting germs lurking in every corner. Josiah has even eaten things off of the bus floor (don't think about it!).
- It is difficult to explain to a toddler that not everyone shares their excitement in taking the bus.
- Due to the enthusiasm, it is sometimes tough to implement the 'indoor voice' policy.
- It is also difficult to explain that just because you are sitting close to people, it does not mean that they want to be touched or have toy phones held up to their ears.
- I always wonder...if someone falls asleep on the bus (and your toddler starts snoring very loudly to imitate them) do you have a moral obligation to wake them up? What if they miss their stop? How many times would a bus driver circle the city with that passenger continuing to sleep?
After using the bus a few times with a toddler, I am so thankful to have a car! I am, however, glad to give Josiah the opportunity to use the bus, and I really don't mind taking it myself (by myself it just seems easier!!).
I wonder what will happen next time...I really hope the word 'stinky' doesn't come up. It has been a favorite one lately!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, there's no life quite as unpredictable & hilarious as a toddler's and, by association, his parents'!
Post a Comment