Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Today, I...

...woke up to hear Josiah saying, "Bo (as in, the big stuffed dog that frequents our pictures)...Daddy's sleeping, Mommy's sleeping, otter's sleeping, dragon's sleeping..."

...cleaned a lot. My floors were spotless for about ten minutes!

...stayed home for a whole day (this does not happen as often as it should!) because our truck was getting safety inspected. I have been waiting to hear the news all day. I'm hoping that no news is good news?

...spent a lot of time outside- sitting, playing, pushing Josiah on his tricycle, and splashing around in the pool.

...kissed a lot of toys (if you have or have had a toddler, this really isn't as weird as it sounds!).

...read a lot of stories, painted, coloured, and made new play-dough.

...took care of some calls, etc. that I have been putting off. (Wished that I never had to deal with student loans again!)

...tried to work on my last report that I am attempting to finish by tomorrow morning so it will really feel like vacation.

...thought more about what I would like to do on vacation...wished I was already on vacation!

...dealt with a very tired and cranky boy who decided to only nap for half an hour (this did not help with the progress I was hoping to make on that report).

...did not cook a single meal.

...missed some good friends that I don't get to see often enough, or who live too far away for a coffee break.

...talked to my younger sister and nephew on the phone, and wished that my family lived much closer than they all do.

...was touched by the honesty of another person.

...enjoyed playing with Josiah, watched him for long periods of time, wanted to never forget what he is like right now!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Jenn, you're such a great mom - I love reading your blogs! Oh, and you are excellent at parallelism too.

Jenn said...

Awww, thanks Barb! That's not at all what I was feeling like yesterday but I guess we made it through okay :)!

Just a Peek