Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Lately, I've been too busy to blog. Here is a huge collection of pictures/updates of what we have been doing. (Please continue only if you love us...it's a bit long!)

Josiah has been crazy about bikes! His cousin gave his trike to Josiah to use since he is a big boy now. Ever since, Josiah has been saying, "Mackie's bike...Mackie share...Mackie kind..." Yup, he sure is!! Josiah has played with it every day since it arrived.



We've been enjoying cooling off in the wading pool that Chris picked up (for Josiah :)!). I'm not sure which of them has spent more time in it, but you can thank me for not posting the pic of Chris and his friends in the pool :)!!



Had a fun time with these folks at a BBQ. (This is Chris' younger brother, sister-in-law and kids). Yup, this is seriously the best shot I could get. I think it was late. Everyone was tired (and wet!), and being funny!



Here is a picture of the three of us, which just rarely happens! My mom was up for a really great visit last week. We survived the heat together, and Josiah loved every minute he spent with his 'mammy Gee-Gee'. (His names for her have evolved over time... not sure where the Gee-Gee ever came from!).



We visited a butterfly dome for the first time last week with some friends. It was really fun! I had a hard time keeping the orange slices out of Josiah's mouth, and had to explain a lot of times that they were snacks for the butterflies and not for him.



He is very upset here, not so much because of all of the butterflies swarming around him, but because they were attacking 'his' orange. Next time, I will bring our own clean orange!



Beside the dome is an air-conditioned building with a play area and a bouncy tent.





Hanging around outside (just before nap time):



Josiah loves to get dressed up around the house (kind of like a flamboyant sister of mine used to back in the day!!). Here he is sporting daddy's shoes and his swimming cap. You just never know what he'll find.



Since neither Chris or I happen to be handy, we keep hoping that Josiah has inherited this skill from one of our fathers. Here is his first crack at 'tools'. He had all of these pegs screwed in before I had unpacked the pieces. I seriously don't think I could have done it in half the time he did (this either says something about him, or me, or both!).





Quite a while ago, Josiah took his first trip on a city bus with me, a little friend of his, and his mom. Here are a couple of pictures.







We landed at a local park for a while before we had to catch the bus back. It was a bit stressful, as I sometimes wondered what I would do if we missed the bus and got stranded in that heat with two toddlers, but it all worked out! The boys loved it so much that we are planning another trip for this week. Very cheap and educational entertainment!



And that's just a few things we've been up to.

Next up, we are planning our vacation time and we are so ready for a break!

No comments:

Just a Peek