As Josiah stood in awe of this event, I found myself realizing that the guy who was mowing our lawn was wearing nicer pants than me. So I decided it was time to do a little shopping. It was long overdue. I'm not sure why I fight it, but I do. Maybe I'm cheap, or lack the time to think about it let alone go shopping. Sometimes I think it might be a way of rebelling against the old me, who felt that ten pairs of pants were essential to my wardrobe. Anyway, at least that little problem has been resolved!
It has been a really great week for the most part. Tuesday morning, I had a whole morning to myself. We have childcare for Josiah on about three mornings a month, usually so that Chris can catch up on paperwork. He decided that I really needed to take one of his mornings for myself. I am amazed at how refreshing just three and a half hours was. I started off in a cozy little coffee shop with a book I have been meaning to finish for a while. Then I went to Frenchy's where I got some really nice sweaters (to go with the new pants). After that, I enjoyed a long, peaceful walk along the riverfront.
It is strange how such a short time can seem so long without the worry of chasing a busy toddler. I realized that I need to find more ways to take time for myself at the beginning of the day rather than at the end. I also realized that I should never permit myself to leave the house if I find myself envying the lawn boy's outfit on the way out!
No comments:
Post a Comment