Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

This past weekend, starting early Friday morning, my mom and aunt stayed with Josiah so that Chris and I could get away. It was kind of an early birthday surprise for him. He had no idea.

He pulled up on Thursday night, and saw my mom's car. He thought I had either gotten him, or that I had had a break-down and needed to call in the troops! Either was quite possible! I knew on Friday that it had been too long since my last break from kids. I think I slept most of Friday away.

People keep asking what we did, and although there were some fun things planned, I think we wanted to feel bored/rested/not rushed/etc. We've often talked about that bored feeling before kids. Not that we couldn't find lots to fill it most of the time, but every once in a while we'd find ourselves restless. I had a bit of that feeling later on Saturday. It was the first time in 16 months!

So we did things that we never make time for...watched television (way too much of the Olympics), rented movies, read, napped, slept in, and Chris went skiing. I actually even felt rested during my work day today.

I did miss Josiah like crazy, and it was great to see him again when we got back last night. I have a feeling based on his behavior today that he was a very loved boy on the weekend!

No comments:

Just a Peek