Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Guess who got a little bit closer to 40 this week? Not me! Chris turned 37 yesterday. He worked all day and night, so we didn't do a lot of celebrating; although last weekend was an early birthday treat/celebration from me. Josiah was very busy signing Chris' card, which he ran in and gave him as soon as he heard Chris stir. He stood with his hands behind his back and watched daddy open it (very proud of himself!). Here are the boys having breakfast before Chris headed to work.



Here's the look Chris gave me when I told him he looked really old in this picture:



Speaking of 37 reminds me of a funny teaching story. When I worked in MB, I overheard my kindergarten kids chatting one day about how old their parents were. Now, in that area, the average age of parents was much younger than here in NB or in most urban centers. So most of the kids mothers were in their twenties still by the time their kids started school. One little guy listened to the others, then said, "My mom is 37." The children all stopped eating their snacks and just stared at him. They were speechless until one of them whispered, "Your mom is reeeeealllly old."...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!

In other news, Josiah has been helping out in the kitchen. We baked some cookies. Well, he pounded flour all over himself, me, and the kitchen. I think he had a lot of fun!



He also helped make some play dough. He ate some too.

3 comments:

mel said...

Thank goodness for homemade playdough, eh? (^_^)

That's a great story from your teaching-in-MB days!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTOF!

Erin said...

Happy birthday Chris....seems like just yesterday we were celebrating your 30th birthday!

Loved the MB story as well....I have a feeling that the Constable household's kids will one day be getting made fun of for this as well with the rate we're going :)

Mandi said...

Wow I just remember celebrating Chris' 30th like it was last week, too. It's been 7 years since then already? Dude... time flies when you're having fun, huh?
Hope the next 37 are a ride, Chris!

PS - my word verification is "verefuni" :) Looks like we're not the only ones teasing Chris!

Just a Peek