Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a night! We took Josiah into the hospital last night, because he had a really high fever (almost 40C when we got there). He's been a little under the weather lately, but we thought it was just teething because he is cutting his molars right now. But, last night he woke up crying and burning. He projectile vomited as I was strolling him in through the emergency doors...poor little guy (and poor security guard)!

They checked him out, and it is just a flu. His very first flu! Telecare had us (by us, I mean me :)) worried that he might have a gastrointestinal infection, which it does not seem to be. As we were waiting in the hospital room, and the fever started to come down, Josiah started very loudly saying, "tickle-tickle-tockle-tickle-tockle...". One of the nurses peered in and asked if I was doing that, but when she found out it was Josiah, they all had a laugh. This encouraged him. If you know Chris, picture him when he takes something too far just for the laugh...

Josiah's fever is much better this morning, after a very long night. Hopefully he will continue to feel better. If the hospital taught me anything, it is the fact that Josiah desperately needs a haircut. Three different people called him 'she'. Not good! So Chris wins (he's been telling me for weeks now that our son is looking rather feminine, and that he needs his head shaved). I'll post a picture of the new haircut this week!

As for the weekend, we are going to hang out at home rather than go to NS for the best Thanksgiving dinner ever (does everyone think this about their own mother's cooking, or is it just me?!).

I am still very thankful! For a great husband and kid, for all that God has given to us and done for us. I know that we can't always see the ways God is blessing us, especially when it comes in the form of trials (which are more blessings for eternity than for now)! But sometimes He gives us a little break, some room to breathe, room to realize what we have and what He has done. I hope you all can experience that this weekend too. Happy Thanksgiving all!

2 comments:

mel said...

Yikes! Glad little J. is okay and that you'll all be able to rest at home. And as for vomiting as you went into the hospital--just means that you don't have to clean it up!

Thanks for taking time to update us, and Happy Thanksgiving to you guys.

Debie said...

wow! I had no idea. I was thinking of you guys as happily away. We should have taken leftovers to you guys.

I really hope that Josiah is on the mend, or that you guys are learning the ropes of having a sick little guy. It is so hard to see the guys sick...and sometimes scary.

Hopefully, you can get a bit of much needed rest throughout the remainder of the weekend.

Blessings, blessings to you all.

Just a Peek