What a busy fall this has been! I thought I would write and let you all know a few things that have been happening in our world lately.
We have been trying to enjoy the outside as much as possible. This was our last trip to the zoo. We had a season pass, so we went countless times throughout the summer. Josiah loves it, and knows so many of the animal names and sounds already. Unfortunately, he doesn't yet understand that the turkey, deer, and other prey don't really appreciate his roaring lion sounds! This picture is of Josiah and Chris sitting on the boardwalk at the zoo. He loves his dad!
Josiah turned thirteen months old yesterday. This picture is not from yesterday, but from a couple of weeks ago. If you really want to see what he looks like at 13 months,
you'll have to stop by! Or wait until I can post more.
Here he is on a day we went with some friends.
I have been enjoying a couple of really great books. One is about raising boys. I have learned so much already, especially about Chris! I never thought that a parenting book would teach me more about my husband, but the book discusses how men's brains are formed/developed. Ahhh...
Anyways, I am in a book study that is dealing with the topic and learning lots. Although I must say that everyone has very strong views on this. Some are offended at the idea of letting boys be boys. I like it. Why work against their nature, to confuse them even more than they already are in this messed up world. Some of the liberal feminists in the group don't enjoy the book all that much! If I am honest, I have been finding these views quite draining lately, even more than usual. But, the book is great!! I hope that it will help me to be a better mom to my boy.
Other Highlights:
- We are strongly considering keeping our old car as a second...or maybe not! It has been so nice to not be driving around so much, and dragging Josiah out of bed at night to go pick up Chris. We'll have to see.
- My work has been slowing down this week, and we are trying to trust that God will work it out. We are extremely thankful that Chris' job has continued to be very steady.
- We have an amazing caretaker for Josiah on Wednesday mornings...his aunt Debie! We are so excited that she has agreed to watch him. Chris is hoping to get lots of paperwork done, as well as the study and planning that his counseling week does not afford him.
- Josiah had tonsillitis, but is starting to feel much better.
-Josiah has molars coming in. He has been very fussy...and so have we!
- Josiah is drinking goat's milk. I guess that means when we get our hobby farm, we'll be thinking goats instead of cows! I wonder if Chris would be open to trying goat burgers?
- Chris got a glint in his eye when I mentioned that I think the colour tube may be going in our old TV. I have never been able to justify buying something new just for the sake of having the new thing. Therefore, Chris has had a long wait for the large flat screens that he drools over every time we walk into an electronics store. He's thinking, "Just on time for football season!" Maybe the timing is not so coincidental?!
- My mom and aunt came up last weekend so Chris and I could get away. We rented a cottage in one of our favorite spots, and did nothing all weekend. It was so wonderful!
- We are looking for a babysitter..anyone in Moncton have a good name they would be willing to share with us?
- We are wondering what to do about the H1N1 vaccine. We are against flu shots (obviously these are extremely necessary for elderly, respiratory patients, etc..., but I mean just for normal people), but I know this one is different. Everyone has a different opinion. Our doctor advised us against it. It's just one of those things that it would suck to be wrong on either side of! Having kids makes these things so much harder to decide.
- I got a couple of really nice emails from friends.
- I think I was born in the wrong era, for multiple reasons. One is Facebook (I really dislike it!). The other is the drop-in visits. I miss them, and wish that younger people liked them, or that I knew more older people around here!
- Still trying to find God's peace about being in this place. Doesn't feel like home at all anymore, but everyday I ask Him to help me make the most of it. We are here for a reason, and for as long as God chooses it for us.
I have been working so hard to stay focused on today, and to be thankful in everything. Some days, I do better than others!
And that's a very long update on all of us!
Anyways, I am in a book study that is dealing with the topic and learning lots. Although I must say that everyone has very strong views on this. Some are offended at the idea of letting boys be boys. I like it. Why work against their nature, to confuse them even more than they already are in this messed up world. Some of the liberal feminists in the group don't enjoy the book all that much! If I am honest, I have been finding these views quite draining lately, even more than usual. But, the book is great!! I hope that it will help me to be a better mom to my boy.
Other Highlights:
- We are strongly considering keeping our old car as a second...or maybe not! It has been so nice to not be driving around so much, and dragging Josiah out of bed at night to go pick up Chris. We'll have to see.
- My work has been slowing down this week, and we are trying to trust that God will work it out. We are extremely thankful that Chris' job has continued to be very steady.
- We have an amazing caretaker for Josiah on Wednesday mornings...his aunt Debie! We are so excited that she has agreed to watch him. Chris is hoping to get lots of paperwork done, as well as the study and planning that his counseling week does not afford him.
- Josiah had tonsillitis, but is starting to feel much better.
-Josiah has molars coming in. He has been very fussy...and so have we!
- Josiah is drinking goat's milk. I guess that means when we get our hobby farm, we'll be thinking goats instead of cows! I wonder if Chris would be open to trying goat burgers?
- Chris got a glint in his eye when I mentioned that I think the colour tube may be going in our old TV. I have never been able to justify buying something new just for the sake of having the new thing. Therefore, Chris has had a long wait for the large flat screens that he drools over every time we walk into an electronics store. He's thinking, "Just on time for football season!" Maybe the timing is not so coincidental?!
- My mom and aunt came up last weekend so Chris and I could get away. We rented a cottage in one of our favorite spots, and did nothing all weekend. It was so wonderful!
- We are looking for a babysitter..anyone in Moncton have a good name they would be willing to share with us?
- We are wondering what to do about the H1N1 vaccine. We are against flu shots (obviously these are extremely necessary for elderly, respiratory patients, etc..., but I mean just for normal people), but I know this one is different. Everyone has a different opinion. Our doctor advised us against it. It's just one of those things that it would suck to be wrong on either side of! Having kids makes these things so much harder to decide.
- I got a couple of really nice emails from friends.
- I think I was born in the wrong era, for multiple reasons. One is Facebook (I really dislike it!). The other is the drop-in visits. I miss them, and wish that younger people liked them, or that I knew more older people around here!
- Still trying to find God's peace about being in this place. Doesn't feel like home at all anymore, but everyday I ask Him to help me make the most of it. We are here for a reason, and for as long as God chooses it for us.
I have been working so hard to stay focused on today, and to be thankful in everything. Some days, I do better than others!
And that's a very long update on all of us!
4 comments:
Hey Jenn, this was a fun post to read. A few things...
... how is it possible that we both had seasons passes to the zoo and never ran into each other, or never went together?!??! We've been busy learning animal names and sounds too. Our favorite are Molly and Hoot, the White Handed Gibbons. What about you?
... that book about boys sounds wonderful! I should get the name of it from you so I can do some reading... I'm so NOT boy-ish, never grew up with boys, so I could really use some education in this area! My knowledge stops once worms and bugs come into play.
... dang molars!!!!!
... yay for possible second cars, new tv's, hobby farms, and weekend getaways!
... H1N1 dilemma = me going crazy too!
... praying that you continue to search, and find, God's peace.
Thanks for sharing! (Sorry I wrote a novel in your comments section!)
Mandi- Yeah, it is kind of crazy that we never met at the zoo- we must have had different regular times! Josiah loved the donkeys for some reason. The times he got to pat them were the most exciting for him. I'll email you the 'boy' book info- it has been so helpful to me already. Thanks for your all of your comments and encouragement!
so many things that I'd love to commment on, or ask more questions about.
maybe I could book a Tuesday morning with you if you wanted the company. what do ya think?
thanks for sharing what is on your heart. I appreciate it.
Sounds great Debie! I'd love to visit anytime. Just let me know which day you are coming.
Post a Comment