Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009


These are a couple of pictures from Josiah's birthday. We had a small family gathering at our place. It didn't feel very small based on how crowded it was in our tiny little place! I had decorated outside, and hoped it would be a beautiful day to sit and play outside. However, the mosquitoes are insane here this fall!! Really, it is probably almost like spring in Manitoba. So outside was not very enjoyable! But we squeezed almost everyone in and managed to make it work alright.
Josiah seemed a bit overwhelmed, and clingy. It was kind of unlike him, because he is so outgoing and loves people. But I guess having so many faces in his space kind of freaked him out!
Oh yeah, and one-year-olds (or at least my one-year-old) totally do not get the concept of presents. Josiah did have a ton of fun playing with some neat toys and reading new stories after everyone left though.










Cake/Cupcakes


Digging in...



I think Josiah had a fun day!


I love his smile in this last picture. It pretty much summarizes how much he enjoys life. I have a lot to learn from this little guy yet...

2 comments:

Debie said...

Love the pics from day! I thought Josiah did amazing for his first party. I didn't see any tantrums, so thumbs up. And, even if he did have a tantrum...he'd be even more normal. :o)

Love him.

Jenn said...

Thanks Debie- you are so encouraging. Sometimes things feel worse to us moms than they actually are, I think. Probably those crazy expectations...!

Just a Peek