Walking! Well, I should say stepping. In the past couple of weeks, Josiah taken two or three steps at a time without holding on. Any day now, he'll break free!
For now, he uses his walker. He's like a little old man, flinging it around, and pushing stuff out of his way. He even mutters sometimes as he walks.
Josiah has been definitely starting the tantrums, and we can tell he is going to be quite strong-willed. Anyone know of any good books for this that do not involve physical torture? We are on the hunt for some strategies!
Josiah is saying several words in context, so we know that he is quite sure of the purpose. He says 'done', 'down' (these two sound very similar, but the 'down' has a bit of a twang! He also uses 'down' when he means up), 'again', 'amen', 'no', 'duckie', and of course 'mom' and 'dad'. Sometimes I think he is saying other words, but the results are inconclusive so far. He has to prove it to me before it makes it onto his baby calendar!
Things he is enjoying: our first family camping trip (pictures of this will follow soon), his new play group at my gym, mega-blocks (a lot!), mega-block building wall, his push walker, balls, farm set, and books. Oh, and wrestling, peek-a-boo, chase, and tickling...we are now the recipients of tickles. Here is Josiah on the floor with Mr. Dragon, his favorite wrestling opponent.
Our little guy is growing fast. Since he was a new baby, many strangers have mistaken Josiah to be a little (or a lot) older than he is. The worst one was a couple of weeks ago, when someone asked me if he was potty trained. I told them that he wasn't, but that I'd love to have some tips on how to toilet train a ten-month-old baby! I think I'll just enjoy his last month as a real baby, and save the training for a bit later!
4 comments:
love him!!!
Wow, Josiah is growing so much! I can't believe everything he is doing developmentally. Way to go Mealey's!
I'd love to hear your impressions of My Gym. We've been on the fence about putting Asher in for months now. I'm sure since Josiah is such a climber, he probably loves it there!
Mandi- Sorry, I realize how that read! I meant my personal gym, not My Gym. I think My Gym is fantastic and I've thought of taking him for a treat (like a drop-in), especially for the climbing part. I just find it too pricey for a baby membership!
YES! I thought it was a little pricey for a baby membership too! It seems like a great place, but, wow, we'd have to take out a second mortgage to fund that one! :)
Glad Josiah is enjoying his play group and you get to work out! Score.
Post a Comment