Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2009

~Have you ever been so tired, that you just needed your baby to nap, if only for a short time?

~Have you ever done everything possible to make the nap happen, waking the baby into a greater state of alertness than when the nap started?

~ Have you ever been so desperate that you loaded the baby into the car, and drove around aimlessly in hopes that he would fall asleep?

~ Have you ever stopped for coffee so that you wouldn't fall asleep while you were driving the tired, screaming baby around?

~ Have you ever been so tired, that when you did stop for coffee, you paid, and then drove away without the coffee...

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh Jenn, I feel so bad to read this account of a desperate Mummy, I am in tears...bring him here and then go and have a real coffee with a book in your hand at Chapter's. Seriously!

Marion and I used to look up at planes flying over and imagine that we were on them - without our kids, of course..I think this was on a day when one of her kids was running around naked on the FRONT lawn, and one of mine was swaggering around the back yard, using bad words!

Jenn said...

Thanks Barb- I'll definitely take you up on the offer! Yes, the planes...I can relate some days. I may be able to guess which Mealey boy was the swaggering one using bad words...!

Debie said...

I DO remember this one...just without the coffee. But, I do know how long it takes to drive the speed limit from one traffic circle to the other. (I actually was grateful for the air conditioning, too.) Never before had I even wondered that question!

Just a Peek