Lately, I have been...
...making liquid laundry soap. I have made my own powdered detergent for over two years, but I think the liquid does a better job (and I also think it seems cheaper).
...feeling very unmotivated to do my house chores.
...missing my aerobics classes, but making myself start yoga this week.
...wanting to have a date for my heart surgery.
...wondering if Elwin will need heart surgery too, and still waiting to meet with the pediatrician after two cancelled appointments.
...thinking about work options and wondering if I should try something new.
...looking ahead to the kind of job I would like to have after my boys are in school, and wondering if I might need to upgrade in the meantime.
...staying home too much. With two kids, this balance feels like more of a struggle for me than ever before.
...making brownies, and feeling like I may have found my perfect recipe (I will share this soon).
...feeding Elwin whole foods (baby-led weaning). He is enjoying it sometimes, although he frequently scares me with his gagging. So far, his favorites are banana strips, cantaloupe, and strawberries.
...wanting to redecorate something.
...dreading tax-time this year.
...reading a new strategy resource on tantrums, and am about to try something new.
...loving the new park that was built by our house.
...going for more walks with the kids.
...feeling uneasy about a difficult person who I need to deal with on a regular basis.
...getting rid of more baby stuff. The Bumbo was really hard to let go of...not sure why!
...enjoying a new book study on intimacy with God through worship.
...getting out of Facebook in a hurry. Although I do feel like I miss things by not being plugged into this, I know that the people who care still make an effort to contact me in other ways.
...witnessing lots of cute conversations and moments between my boys.
...trying to explain to Josiah that Elwin does not mean to be disrespectful when he hollers through our prayer times.
...appreciating Chris and all he does for our family and with the boys.
4 comments:
Are you thinking of deleting facebook too? I have been, friends have begged me to stay, so I decided to for a bit, but I really think I'm going to close my account. I'd love to know how you're making liquid laundry soap if you want to share the recipe. Praying for all you mentioned here. Love ya.
I'm not sure if I am deleting yet because I use the message part to contact people, but all of my pictures will be removed because of the facial recognition program that is happening soon. I will definitely post my laundry soap recipe...after the next time I make it because I'll need to measure!
Hi Jenn. I sure enjoy your blog. I can see how the boys are growing so fast. I wish life would slow down a bit so we could get together sometime. I hope all is well, and you folks are happy.
You sure look like mom in your profile picture.
Love from your Uncle Allan
Allan- so great to hear from you! The boys are growing incredibly fast. Maybe we could see you sometime this summer when we are home visiting. Hope you and Sheila are doing well!
Post a Comment