Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This week has been rough. The boys both ended up getting sick last week, and then it seemed to clear up. Then, on Sunday, Josiah started burning up again and saying his throat hurt. I took him to an after hours clinic, where he threw up all over the examination room. The doctor lacked professionalism in so many ways, that I will be sure to ask if he is working before I book any more appointments there. He was much more concerned with gossip and family business than my sick kid, so I'm not sure how much stock to put into his diagnosis, but he thinks Josiah has a throat infection. I am more inclined to believe he has tonsillitis, but I may be wrong.

Last night, he was up for most of the night screaming, so I am feeling tired today, and he is too. We have been in the house a lot and have missed many outings and activities, and I know he is feeling stir-crazy, but I know he needs rest. I have taken him on a couple of walks for fresh air, but I don't know if that is helping either.

It's so hard to know what to do, or when to go for a second opinion. I am trying to be patient and see how tonight goes, because it will mark the 48 hours on antibiotics, so there should be some changes. In the meantime, I am taking a lot of oil of oregano, washing my hands, and trying to keep Josiah out of Elwin's face. Oh, and desperately hoping for more sleep tonight!

2 comments:

E said...

Oh Jenn, I hope you get some sleep tonight! Poor Josiah, I hope he feels better son too, he's so little to go through so much pain. You're right, tomorrow should be a shift if the antibiotics and he should start to show improvement. Hopefully he will, and if not, I pray you can get another doctor to see!

Mandi said...

Jenn, sounds like my family doctor. He is really, really great, but quite chatty about lots of random things. I'd be interested in knowing if it's him or not.
Praying for healing and health for your family. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Just a Peek