We are slowly getting used to family life with four, although there have been lots of bumps along the way!
Josiah is adjusting to the role of big brother. He is doing a fantastic job! He loves to hold Elwin and feed him. He is also anxious to have Elwin join in the fun. Sometimes he is uncertain of Elwin. He doesn't like the crying, and frequently joins in; however, he is getting better with this. Josiah has been more emotional overall, and he is often not able to tell us why. All of this is understandable, given the drastic changes, but it is difficult for us to watch him go through this.
Elwin is an adorable baby. He is super-cuddly and soft. He smiles often and we are pretty sure he has laughed a couple of times. Although squishy and new, he is a wiry little guy and already rolls from back to side to front regularly. He is usually laid back, but can be quite feisty when he's trying to communicate. Elwin has had some feeding issues which have made life difficult at times. He can only take in small amounts, and feeds frequently (and then sometimes goes way too long between feedings). Nights and days are now mixed up, after two beautiful weeks of sleeping at night! I can't believe this little guy will be one month old tomorrow. The time has gone by quickly.
Chris sprained his back the week after we came home from the hospital, and he is slowly recovering. He had a lot of pain to manage for a couple of weeks, and found it very difficult to keep up. He is now back to his regular summer work schedule, finishing up at his old office for two days a week and taking clients at his new office for two days. He is really enjoying his new space and is excited about his new business.
I am now a mother of two...feeling quite overwhelmed with how I will make things work. So far, I have had an overwhelming amount of support from family, friends, and our church family. Without this, I don't think we would have made it! But I am now needing to take on more responsibilities, including administrative tasks for Chris' business. If I was not recovering from a c-section, then it might be a little easier. I still can't bend down and reach things close to the floor, which makes caring for our toddler and our home somewhat challenging! I am also wrestling with Elwin's feeding issues, and feel that I need to make some important decisions regarding this in the next couple of weeks. On top of caring for my family, I am trying to figure out how to make work-related phone calls and do paperwork from a bustling home that seemingly never sleeps at the same time!
But when I look at these three smiling faces...
...I am so grateful for the way God has blessed our family, and I know He'll see us through all of the difficulties we are facing now.
Thank-you again to all of you who have cared for our family in so many different ways!!
(BTW- The pictues of Josiah and Elwin were taken by my cousin when she was here visiting, and I love them!)


2 comments:
It even looks like Elwin in smiling in the picture of all your men together. :) So cute. You are so blessed, and I am so glad. :)
Julie must have the "touch," for sure. What wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment