Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Turning Two

So, Josiah is two! At my mom's group this morning, I went to pick him up from the toddler room. As I approached, I heard shrieking, and saw lots of toddlers running up and down the hall with one poor worker trying to chase them all back into the room. Apparently Josiah had sprung them all free while she wasn't looking!

On that note, I thought I'd post a few pictures of Josiah's birthday party. It was a very informal, low-key party with family and a couple of close friends. Although the space is small, the kids played really well together so I thought it turned out well. Here are a few random pictures of the party:



















Thankfully, my mom came up to help me out. She and I worked on Josiah's train cake until way too late the night before. It was fun having someone to make it with, as it took a long time to put together. Josiah loved it, and he still asks for Thomas cake, even though it is no longer with us. At the party, he kept climbing up on the chairs to get a closer look.









I tried to have a lot of Josiah's favorite snacks to serve at the party...I think he went back for thirds on everything!



And Josiah got a lot of really nice gifts. It was kind of overwhelming. He has been loving the new stuff. He got a really nice variety, from new books, bath toys, cars/trucks, blocks, Thomas train accessories (to go with his wooden track), and more.



And here are a couple of pictures of his actual birthday, which fell on the day after the party.



My mom was here, and Josiah shares the same birthday with her. We decided to go to a local orchard and pick apples. Josiah loved the tractor ride we had to take to get to the orchard. The apple picking...may be more appreciated as he gets a little older! He did enjoy helping me make a big batch of apple butter from the apples 'we' picked. He's been quite proud every time he has eaten some or we have given it to people.





And those are just a few highlights.

(PS- If you attended the party and your picture is not seen here, it is either because you avoided the camera- you know who you are- or because the pictures were not so flattering so you should be thanking me for not posting them:)!!)

8 comments:

Jobina said...

Happy Birthday Josiah! And Jenn, that cake is INCREDIBLE! You are so creative.

erin said...

Agreed on the cake...IMPRESSIVE!

Jenn said...

Thanks girls! It was a lot of work, but so much fun. It was worth it see the look on Josiah's and the other kids faces!

Debie said...

I'm one of the thankful ones who is not in the pics. :o)

Thanks for the party. Josiah is awesome!

Jenn said...

Deb- I'm glad you guys could make it. The one of you is pretty cute, but unfortunatey very awful of the person sitting next to you! I guess I could do some cropping when I find the time!

mel said...

Wow Jenn, that's a great cake and I can tell that you put a LOT of effort into it! I bet you were so glad to have your mom there to help. (^_^)

Glad everyone had fun!

Mandi said...

Still in awe of that cake - and it tasted good too! Can I hire you for next year :)

PS - thank you for NOT posting unflattering pictures of me. I'm sure the bags under my eyes were pretty awful looking!

Jenn said...

Mel- Thanks! It was a lot of work. I thought of using fondant to make it look prettier, but I just don't like the flavor!

Mandi- I think you took most of the pictures so you didn't end up in very many of them (thanks for that!). And I am always up for helping out with cakes, although yours have looked really great to me!

Just a Peek